Adding Sections to the Curriculum
- Click on the Customer Portal icon
- Click on Sections under the Curriculum section
- Click on the Create Section button
- Enter a Name for the Section
- Check whether or not you want the category to be visible on the customer portal
- In the Select Category field, choose which category this section belongs to
- Enter a Description for the section
- Click on the + to upload a thumbnail for the section
- Click on the blue Create button
- Click on the Section you just created
- In the Select Rosters field, choose which rosters can view this section
- In the Select Ranks field, choose which ranks can view this section
- Click on the blue Save button
👇 For more detailed steps, refer to the article below:
How to Add Sections
In the curriculum section of your customer portal, your content is organized into categories, which have multiple sections within them. How you choose to organize your sections is flexible, and you have the ability to restrict which members have access to each section.
To start adding sections to your curriculum, click on the Customer Portal icon and then select Sections under the Curriculum section.
On the Sections page, you can view your sections and rearrange what order they're in.
To create a new section, click on the Create Section button in the top right corner.
To create your section, you will first need to give it a Name.
You also have the option to select whether you want this section to be visible in the customer portal. For sections that are not marked as visible, students will not be able to view the section or the lessons inside of that section.
You will also need to add a brief Description of the section and then click on the + button at the bottom of the page to upload a thumbnail.
Once you have finished adding all of the details for your section, click on the blue Create button.
After creating your section, you are able to go back in and add Permissions to control who can view this section. To reopen the section you just created, click on the name of the section.
Scroll down to the bottom of the Edit Section page to find the Permissions section. This is where you can specify which students have access to view this section.
In the Select Rosters field, you can choose from your existing rosters and only students on the rosters that you pick will have access.
In the Select Ranks field, you can choose specific ranks from any of your styles and only students who actively have that rank can view this section.
If you don’t want any restrictions on who can access this content, leave these fields blank.
Once you are done editing the permissions, click the Save button in the top right corner.
When students tap on a category from the curriculum page, they will be taken to a screen that displays all of the sections for that category. The thumbnail, name, and description for each section will be displayed. Once a student taps on a specific section, they can view the lessons for that section.