Customizing Your Dashboard
- Click on the Edit Dashboard button
- Click on a widget to drag and drop it into a new spot
- Click on the bottom right corner of a widget to resize it
- Click on the x in the top right corner of a widget to remove it
- To add a new widget:
- Click on the Add Widget button
- Click on the widget you want to add to your dashboard
- Click on the Add Widget button again to close the menu
- To edit the date range displayed:
- Click on the Calendar button
- Either select an option from the list on the left, or highlight the days on the calendar you want to be included
- Save your dashboard configuration by clicking on the Save button
👇 For more detailed steps, refer to the article below:
Customizing Your Dashboard
The first page you're taken to when you sign in to your Pulse account is your dashboard. Your dashboard can display a variety of different values about your account, including key metrics, recent messages, or important lists.
For each staff member that has a Pulse account, the dashboard can be customized. This allows you to put the information you're most interested in seeing at the front and center of your homepage.
To begin editing your dashboard, click on the Edit Dashboard button at the top of your dashboard.
Once you have your dashboard open to edit, there are a few different ways you can customize your configuration.
To rearrange where widgets are located on the screen, you can click and hold on the widget you want to move and then drag it into the desired placement.
You can also expand or shrink widgets by clicking on the bottom right corner of any of the widgets and dragging it until it is the size you want.
As the Pulse team develops new widgets, you can add new widgets to your dashboard or you can remove widgets you don't want to include.
To edit which widgets you have on your dashboard, click on the Add Widget button. This will open a menu with a list of all the existing widgets.
Widgets currently on your dashboard will appear light gray on this menu and unused widgets will be white.
To add one of the new widgets, click on the widget in this menu. It will then be added to your dashboard where you can then edit its position on the screen.
To close this menu when you're done, click on the Add Widget button again.
To remove a widget that is currently on your dashboard, click on the x in the top right corner of the widget you want to remove.
For the different statistics you have displayed on your dashboard, you can edit the range of dates that are used to calculate these values. By default, the dashboard will be set to show you values for the current month, however, you can change it to show metrics based on the previous month or week.
To edit this range of dates, click on the Calendar button in the top right corner.
You can either select one of the options from the list on the left-hand side of the drop-down or you can set your own custom range by highlighting on the calendar which days you want to include.
Once you do this, all of your widgets will update to take into account this new date range.
Once you are done making changes to your dashboard configuration, be sure to click on the Save button to save your changes.
If you don't want to save the changes you made, click on the Cancel button.
Understanding the Widgets
To help you understand how to best use the information provided by the different widgets, here's a list explaining how certain widgets are calculated*:
- Income: This metric will total how much income you've brought in from memberships and down payments. This will not include any income made as a result of product purchases.
- Expected Income This Month: This metric will calculate how much income you should bring in for the whole month, based on the membership payments that will be processed.
- Future Billings: This metric will calculate how much income you should bring in for the rest of the month from upcoming membership payments.
- ALoM (Average Length of Membership): This metric calculates the average length of active student memberships at your facility. Higher values for this widget indicate better retention rates.
- New Leads: This value will count how many new contacts marked as leads have been added to the system during the date range selected
- New Members: This value will count how many new contacts marked as members have been added to the system during the date range selected
- Paused Memberships: This list will include all memberships that are currently paused
*Note: If you change the date selector in the top right corner of the page, these calculations will be made for the date range selected